- wendolen reblogged this from sehnsuchttraum and added:
- minorearth said: *hugs* I’m sorry.
- vampishly likes this
- sakuratsukikage said: *hugs* :( Lots of lots of hugs.
- sakuratsukikage likes this
- chryssalid likes this
- captainwolfos said: *Hugs hugs hugs* :C
- normanee said: I’m so sorry Sehn. *hugs* If you ever need to talk, I am here!
- stellarvoyage said: :( *all the hugs*
- eyeofmantorok said: *all kinds of hugs and good vibes*
- maybethings said: /monster-size HUUUUUGS
- heretherebdragons reblogged this from sehnsuchttraum and added:
- vanishingage said: *hugs* I’m sorry Sehn.
- ohmercyme221 said: Hun. *hugs* I am really, really sorry, Sehn. To be questioned and prodded at that callously… I can’t imagine it, and I wish you didn’t have to *not* imagine it. I do wish things were simpler for you, because you deserve that.
- douglaslovesanders said: *hugs*
- defira85 said: Hugs, gorgeous lady. Your strength astounds me.
- barbeauxbot said: that sounds so awful, bb. I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this
- cure-light likes this
- the-duelling-tophat said: *hugs*
- sehnsuchttraum posted this
I am overwhelmed and frustrated. I want the immigration process to be over, so badly. I feel like my strength to deal with all of this is just completely sapped.
I don’t want to dig back into my old life in South Dakota to get documents proving that my husband and I are ‘legitimately’ married.
I hate that we’re automatically suspect because we don’t have children. That that makes our marriage somehow less real. I hate that his working away from home is another strike against us, makes us look as if we don’t love each other and want to be together more than anything.
I want to send them transcripts of our text messages, recordings of our conversations, fucking little bottles of my lonely frustrated tears, and remind them that I didn’t nuke the economy, and neither did my husband, we’re just cleaning up the fucking mess. That life in this here goddamned America isn’t a prize, it’s just the less shitty of two shitty choices that were open to us. I hate that we have to prove our intentions, that I have to pick open a lot of very fresh scabs that make me feel like an absolute and utter failure in absolutely every facet of doing life.
I hate that I know that this process would be approximately a million times more difficult if I didn’t have the immense privilege of education and whiteness that I have.
I hate that as fuckawful as this is, it’s still a privilege that is not open to lgbtq couples.
I feel like I’m caught in a Kafkaesque bureaucratic perpetual absurdity machine.